Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pillowcase Dresses?

Today I FINALLY purchased a ruffler foot for my brother sewing machine.  I have been dreaming about purchasing a ruffler foot for at least 2 years!  I have oooh-ed and aaah-ed on-line looking at it and thinking - yes, I need one of those.....

So I was able to finish a project I had started last year for daughter #1 - but it looks like it will be for daughter #2 as #1 might be a little to old to want to wear a ruffled top - oh well.  I had stopped the project last year - well because I gave birth to #1 and things got busy - we moved from GA to TX - and ya know - life!

I opened the package - read the directions - and did a couple of test pieces - then I finally ruffled and attached the final piece the the zebra print pillowcase dress!  It only took a few minutes too - it used to take at least 30 minutes before!  I would measure everything out - pin the pleats all the way around and then sew and then attach to the dress - oh what a time saver this ruffler foot is!

So that got me to thinking - I could start back up my clothing line - but would there be interest?

Let me know what you think  - would you pay $20 plus monogramming?

Thanks!!!  - Rachel www.MyBowdaciousDesigns.com


1 comment:

  1. Do it! Molly would look too cute. I need something to hold her over until she stops ripping bows out of her hair.

    ReplyDelete